Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side effects from slim fast optima

side effects from slim fast optima

Has anyone else tried the slim fast Optima shakes? i've had two of them, and the side effects have gotten worse each time. the first time, it made me sick to my stomach and shaky. This time, not only was i shaky, but my vision was clouded and i was lightheaded, and (this is gross and embarassing!) i think i experienced some, ah, anal leakage (to be even grosser, liquid, not solid). well, i know i did, but i think the shake was what caused it.

i did a search on yahoo and didn't find any warnings or side effects, but maybe someone else has heard of them? Please let me know of anything you've heard...this really has me worried.

thanks!
    "Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
    How much can you lose? How much can you win?" -Dr. Seuss

SW 178/CW 172*/GW 125
    *as of 9/18/05

Edit

I forgot to add that my boyfriend tried my shake (only a few sips) and that made him sick (lightheaded, sick to stomach, shaky) also.

SW 178/CW 172*/GW 125
    *as of 9/18/05

ewww...

I have not tried the slimfast optima, but to be honest you have done a great job of not making me want to!

I looked at the label previously and it was still too high in carbs for my diet at the time ( I was low carbing, and even half of the sugar was TOO much) so I got the low carb slim fast shakes, tasty, slightly think, not as protein-y tasting as some other shakes. Maybe those would work better for you, although if i had the experiences you had i would be skeptical of many shake products.

Good luck. and uh, uh, happy uh hunting for new products!
    HW-237 CW-225 Ht-5'8" goal: 150

Do they have expiration dates? Just curious. I would call them 1 (800)slimfast. I just got that number from their website. I would doubt that it is a normal reaction to the shakes. Keep us posted on what you find out. I am sure there are others on the forum who would like to know what could have caused this reaction.:pukeleft:

Talk to your doctor if the symptoms continue and I would definitely not drink anymore Optima shakes! Good luck.

the expiration date is june 05.my mom suggested it might be an allergy to something in it, but that wouldn't explain why it made the bf sick, too.

i will call tomorrow, i think. thanks for the number.

SW 178/CW 172*/GW 125
    *as of 9/18/05

Post my experience with slimfast shakes

-

squat machine

I'm Okay With Them

Some people do initially have gas upon using Slim-Fast for the first time because of increased fiber intake, but I quickly got used to the plan. I think the Optima shakes are great (the French Vanilla ones are my favorite, and I like the Creamy Milk Chocolate and Rich Chocolate Royale as well). I've never experienced nausea or anything like that with the products, and I've been extremely successful following the plan and would recommend it to anyone (who doesn't get sick from the shakes!).

Good luck!

Post Other slimfast items

-

Ahh, happily the SlimFast "Low Carb Diet" line is terrific for locarbers. I'm a big fan of the ready-to-drink shakes, but have not yet tried the meal bars or snack bars.

My system wasn't too happy with the Atkins ready-to-drink shakes, but I have no problems with the SlimFast. One of my dear friends is just the opposite. At least we're not competing for the product at the stores!

The Curves program works ... when I do my part!

Will Power - Use it or lose it!

Gothic Princess Extraordinaire crysania's Avatar
    i had problems with the low carb slim fast shakes too, though they just made me break out. I am figuring its an allergy to somthing in it but i have not tried to narrow it down to what it is.. All I know is so far its the only brand that does that, to bad too cause they are one of the least expensive and taste pretty good too I can't do there low carb snack bars either though. i found out while i was on vacation they upset my stomach somthing awful... but i didn't need them anyways
    Crysania
    I am not on much, but plan to check in time to time
    love ya'll

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Helen Keller

Thread Information