Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curves Diet - Lots of questions!

Question Curves Diet - Lots of questions!

I've decided to start the Calorie-Sensitive plan on Monday. My Curves did the 6 week challenge a couple of months ago but I'm not sure if they're planning on doing another one so I don't want to wait around to see if they are and then find out that they're not. So here are my questions:

Is anyone else doing the Curves diet on your own, without the class? How is it going? I have the Curves diet book and the member guide. So I'm pretty sure I can follow the plan ok without the class.

Do you buy the Curves shake or a different shake? I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the Curves shake or find a different one. There are so many shakes out there.

How much does the Curves shake cost?

If you don't use the Curves shake, which shake do you use?

Do you take all of the different vitamins recommended in the book? I was thinking about just taking a mulit-vitamin but I wasn't sure if that would be enough.

How do you come up with different meals so you aren't eating the same thing all the time? I'm going to pretty much follow the meal plan in the book for Phase I but after that I'd like a little more variety, especially for dinner.

That's all I can think of right now, thanks for your help!
    ~Rachel
    3/12/04 Curves Start Weight: 194
    8/9/04 Curves Diet Start Weight: 181
    Current Weight: 178.5
    Goal Weight: 160

shoulder press/lat pull Mich914's Avatar
    I know some of the girls buy the slim fast shakes (low crab ones) they are about $6.99 or $5.99. I used to buy the Akins shakes when they are on sale only otherwise they are like 9.99 for 4 of them. Crazy! I don't know where to buy the curves shakes as i never see them in the stores..?

hope that answers some of your questions!

The Curves shake mix is sold at the clubs. I've read it's expensive and yucky, though.

I get the new low-crab(sorry, couldn't resist) Slim-Fast shakes. I've only tried vanilla, but it's OK.

Variety is also my problem. I'm getting tired of cheese and meat. I've had it up to HERE with pork rinds!
    Mamma G
    1st goal: (200 lbs. by 9/7/2004 )
    Ultimate goal: 155 lbs.

Thanks. I was wondering if the Slim Fast low carb shakes would be ok. I tried the Carb-Sensitive diet before I joined Curves and I bought the Cappuchino flavored Atkins shake mix and it was ok but it cost $20 so I was wondering if there was a cheaper way to go. Also, I'm probably going to be bringing the shake to work with me so the ready to drink shakes would be more convenient.What about the vitamins? Do I really have to go buy a hundred different vitamins or spend the money on the Curves vitamins? Will a regular multi-vitamin work?
    ~Rachel

Curves Diet

Ihave been doing the carb sensitive program on my own. I am in my 3rd week. I have lost 6 pounds so far!
    I did not buy any of the curves products as they are too pricey. I did not like their shake either. I drink the Slim Fast low carb shake, mostly chocolate, but the latte one is good too. They are only 4.26 here in Texas per 4 pack, so much more economical. I take a good multi-vitamin with an added supplement of biotin to help break down proteins. I keep track of everything I eat by using www.fitday.com. It is free and a great resource. I have added everything in my house to the custom list by entering in details off the nutritional label on foods. You can also search for stuff using their site to get good counts for almost any food imagineable. It gives you a great graph showing what percentage of your day came from fat, protein,carbs etc. I highly recommend it!
    So far, this has been the best program I have ever followed. I am not hungry and I feel great! I did not follow the meal plan in the book. I create my own meals. You can get a lot of great recipes off www.atkins.com. You can modify them as needed. I made the pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving last year (when I was on Atkins) and it was fabulous!
    I work out at curves 4-5 times per week too.
    Best of Luck!

First of all, I just want to congratulate you on making the changes in your life It's a big step and all who do it are to be commended!!

Second, the shakes are all about preference. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Curves shake and don't feel they are expensive. 20 bucks for 15 or so shakes isn't that much, considering it's a full meal! (where else can you get a full meal for less than $1.50??). Yes, there are cheaper options. Wal Mart has several types (Carb Solutions is one that comes to mind) that have similar nutrition and are less than a dollar a serving. I bought a giant jar of mix at Costco for 20 bucks and it claims to have 90+ servings in it. it's drinkable but I still like the Curves shake better. But it's really all up to what you like or can drink on a daily basis as the shake does help a LOT with sticking to the diet. I drink mine each morning as breakfast because it's fast and easy. Others like them later in the day or randomly. I'm a creature of habit and tend to eat about the same thing at each meal without hating it.

As for the vitamin, when I remember, I take One-a-day Maximum. Makes me sick if I take it without something in my stomach, but other than that, it seems to be ok. I know the Curves liquid vitamin is superior, but I'm not keen of certain flavors and don't really feel like trying it! I've been told it's like drinking a bunch of crushed up flintstones vitamins.

As for the repetition, I think that's something that you have to figure out on your own. experiement with different items that appear on the menus and find out what keeps you full. You might find that less variety is easier to stick with for the workday but dinner has to be different each night of the month. In which case, there are TONS of low-carb cookbooks out there and I would suggest getting one. Or look online to find low-carb recipes to try out.

I wish you luck and post all you want...I'm sure with all of our members that there will be an answer for you somewhere out there
    Coli
    SW 308/CW 287.5/MGW 278/GW180

I take Kroger store-brand multivitamins.

Iron can make some people nauseated, so try to take it with food.
    I also drink Carb Solutions shakes - pretty good.
    Mamma G
    1st goal: (200 lbs. by 9/7/2004 )
    Ultimate goal: 155 lbs.

shoulder press/lat pull Mich914's Avatar
    I take one a day weight smart when i remember to take it.

Thanks everyone! I went shopping yesterday and got everything I needed. I was really surprised that I spent so much money! I think when I'm making my meal plan out this week I'm going to try to pick some foods that don't cost so much!
    ~Rachel

Smile The shake

I think that the Curves Shake is awesome! It may be pricier than some - but it is well worth it because of the protein content and the vitamins.

Thread Information