Thread: I GAINED weight on phase 2! A lil help here??

I GAINED weight on phase 2! A lil help here??

I lost 4 pounds in the first week. I wasn't strictly following the 20g version and wasn't losing a lot at first, so I made it so that I was within 20g or carbs and then I was losing 1.1 lbs per day for 3 days in a row. So now, the secone week, I added more fruit back in, and I've gained 1.4 lbs in 2 days! I measure at the same time everyday with the same clothes on so it can't be that!!

Help!! I'm on the version 1 if that helps!! I don't want to gain any more weight!! I didn't even eat any bread!!

I'm further away from losing 20lbs now... I was going to cry this morning

Canada, normally, but currently rural Colombia - aka Paradise
    Sorry to hear your distress, bb. I've never really done the plan that you're on, so I hope someone else will jump in and help you out. But my gut response would be to wonder how much water you're drinking, and how much exercise you're doing? Those are both quite crucial. Plus, did you just start a whole new regime, and if yes, then you really need to give it a bit of time to kick in. It takes the body a while to adjust to the changes you're making, so please be patient. And lastly, the nugget of wisdom that I, still, have a hard time following myself - don't weigh yourself every day. Again, patience, and it will give you peace of mind as you just focus on your program, not on every ounce down or up you go. Hope that helps just a little bit...
    My Journey ... was 252 lbs... am 170 lbs... will be 140 lbs... I really will get there...

It's about progress, not perfection.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Potential View Post
    Sorry to hear your distress, bb. I've never really done the plan that you're on, so I hope someone else will jump in and help you out. But my gut response would be to wonder how much water you're drinking, and how much exercise you're doing? Those are both quite crucial. Plus, did you just start a whole new regime, and if yes, then you really need to give it a bit of time to kick in. It takes the body a while to adjust to the changes you're making, so please be patient. And lastly, the nugget of wisdom that I, still, have a hard time following myself - don't weigh yourself every day. Again, patience, and it will give you peace of mind as you just focus on your program, not on every ounce down or up you go. Hope that helps just a little bit...
    Working out as usual, and drinking same amount of water, etc. Pretty much everything the same except more carbs! The first two days I didn't eat any starchy foods, just fruits (perhaps too much)?

I've read the article on how the scale lies and how ur not supposed to weigh everyday, but I'm addicted to this bad habit! And since I've been steadily losing the first week and started gainining as soon as I started eating fruits, this is the only thing I can attribute the weight gain to. But you're right, give it a week or two... my body is shocked right now.

Thanks for you reply! It was a lot of help to see someone care early in the morning!

Yes, give your body time to adjust to this week's eating change. And really, gaining over a couple of days may be the normal fluctuation at this stage anyway. Relax. Stick with the program. Do not panic!!

I weigh myself daily, too, and often see a 1-2 pound change from one day to the next.

Breathe. Relax. Stay calm.

Remember to stick with the ENTIRE 6 week program. It will take that long for your body to make the adjustments to the changes.
    bonjonbart

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bonjonbart View Post
    Yes, give your body time to adjust to this week's eating change. And really, gaining over a couple of days may be the normal fluctuation at this stage anyway. Relax. Stick with the program. Do not panic!!

I weigh myself daily, too, and often see a 1-2 pound change from one day to the next.

Breathe. Relax. Stay calm.

Remember to stick with the ENTIRE 6 week program. It will take that long for your body to make the adjustments to the changes.
    And we meet again! I realized that i need to be patient, patient... patience is the key...

I appreciate your support~ Couldn't have gone through the day not fussing without it.

I'm just wondering... are potatoes okay for Phase 2? I've gained most of the weight I lost in Phase 1 back minus 0.5 lbs. I ate 4-5 small nugget potatoes yesterday and gained 1.4lbs in one day! I dunno what to do!! I'm trying so hard to stay within 60g or carbs but I've been steadily gaining all the weight I lost (maybe it's all water weight). It is now the 3rd day of Phase 2 week 2, and I feel like I'm losing the battle.

PLeasee.......... PLEASE HELP ME!

I've been working out as usual... why is this happening to me? Am I simply eating too much? But I've been watching carbs!!

What else did you have with the potatoes? Did you have more sodium than you usually do? (In the prepared foods, I mean.)

Did you drink enough water? I don't know what foods are "allowed" since I didn't do the Curves diet, but your manual or fitness tech will be able to tell you.

How much are you eating? Are you journaling your food? EVERY thing that goes in your mouth? It may be time to really look at what you are eating and when you are eating. Are you eating 5-6 small meals a day?

If you feel like sharing a week's worth of food journals, maybe something will jump out at one of us.
    bonjonbart

Well, trying to remember .......the day before I had pitiful amounts of potatoes and lots of broccoli and a boiled egg for lunch, had papaya and yogurt for breakfast. Dinner... chinese cabbage with LOTS of pork, lean of course. That might have been why.

Today I lost 1.6 lbs which is a lot for one day. Probably because I had so much raw spinach yesterday which made it... ahem... easier to get rid of some stuff in my body.

Quote Originally Posted by berrybunny View Post
    Well, trying to remember .......the day before I had pitiful amounts of potatoes and lots of broccoli and a boiled egg for lunch, had papaya and yogurt for breakfast. Dinner... chinese cabbage with LOTS of pork, lean of course. That might have been why.

Today I lost 1.6 lbs which is a lot for one day. Probably because I had so much raw spinach yesterday which made it... ahem... easier to get rid of some stuff in my body.
    That's where journaling your food will help. You won't have to remember. Sometimes you will gain a little weight before you drop a lot, too. Our bodies react differently. I found that I would put on a pound one day and over the next week lose three when I was losing my weight. It's just the way my body handled it, so when I say don't get too stressed over it, it's because I've been there.
    bonjonbart

When you journal, it also forces you to think more about what you're eating before you eat it, because you know that you have to write it down. It's very effective!

Thread Information