Thread: Any owners here that are vegetarians?

Any owners here that are vegetarians?

I'm looking forward to starting instruction on the 6 week Solution once I close on my club (we close this Friday, January 12th YEAAAA!!!!).

It will be hard to teach people to eat specific meat items when I would never eat them myself!

Do any of you that teach the 6 Week Solution have the same issue?

I don't see many vegetarians in my daily life, but I know they're out there!

I'm not in your situation - but I would contact corporate or your AD and ask them how you can properly teach the class with a vegitarian lifestyle. Our newest Nutritionist is Nadia (hmmm I can't remember her last name) - but she's great and I'm sure she can help guide you through the 6 week solution so that you can you teach it to fit your lifestyle better!

Good luck

I think you need to be understanding that other people do eat meat and that they can healthily incorporate it into their diet. You also need to be honest and up-front that you can't give specific details, such as recipes or the best ways to cook these meats. However, you should not have a problem suggesting people make substitutions with some sorts of meats.

I'm not sure if this is an ethical problem for you or just a practical. If the former, you need to remember that everyone is different and while some people may prefer vegetarianism, there is no perfect way of eating and you need to be accepting of all foods.

If it's the latter, just suggest they talk to the trainer and amongst themselves about cooking and recipes
    CurvesForum Moderator

Results

Loss (5.2 lbs)
    Start |-------------------------------------------------------------| Goal

Thanks for the advice, ladies!

I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons, but I DO know that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and lifestyles. I would NEVER tell someone they are wrong for eating meat, nor would I try to "guilt" them into going vegetarian! I'm just looking for practical ways to teach the class without promoting meat-eating OR vegetarianism. Everyone should do what they are comfortable with.

Basically, I love the advice from nellie that said to tell the folks that because I am a vegetarian, I won't be the best source for recipes containing meat, but that I can be there for them the rest of the way

Thanks again for your opinions!

The New Weight Management PLan is very VEGETARIAN friendsly...it is also VEGAN friendly. Witht he exchange tables, just exchange the vegetarian protein options. The program still works and your energy level will soar! Don't get hung up on the macronutrient tables....completely do-able.....and remember, you are there for THEIR success, not to promote your own ethics :-) If they ask, then you can explain why you do what you do :-)

Thread Information