Thread: Favorite Game/Promo

Favorite Game/Promo

What's your favorite game or promo at your Curves? My favorite was when we did a "Star Wars" theme. We came up with group names, made posters for our group, and had different tasks to complete over the 6 weeks.

June

I think my ladies really enjoyed survivor.

My Curves doesn't do many games or promos, usually just Scrabble. But we did play Trivial Pursuit once and that was a lot of fun.
    "Celebrate yourself, embrace your struggle, and dont walk with shame, because nothing is as bad as you probably think it is."

We try to play a game every other month. Sometimes it is bingo. We really went out for survivor and had torches that I made which is a joke since I'm not crafty. Does your club have a suggestion box? If it does put in there play more games. I love suggestions from my members. That is how we ended up with the stretching machines from a great member and friend.

Game/Amazing Race

My Curves just finished the Amazing Race. I worked out a route around the world, the members "went" 500 miles per workout & we did daily challenges to earn bonus miles. The teams "visited" 15 places around the world. There were roadblocks at each country that at least one team member had to complete before the team could move on. After completion of the roadblock, the teams were given envelopes that told them their next destination & maybe fast forwarded them or delayed them a little. The roadblocks were all the same, the "on your way" envelopes they got after completing the roadblock were all a little different. One team was eliminated at each country. We had small "prizes" for the team that was eliminated & we tried to have it appropriate to the country they were eliminated in. For our "champions", we took Curves sweatshirts & had the local embroidery place put ""The Amazing Race 2006" & their team logo on the back. We "started" at our home Curves & ended in Waco. The members absolutely loved this & are asking to do it again -- not for awhile!! We made my manager into "Phil" & she tracked the teams & moved their markers on the world map as they made their ways around the world.

It took about 6 weeks to finish, another time I would "tighten" things up a little so that it doesn't take so long. That said, no one lost interest, in fact, the members seems to get move hyped as time went on. So far, this has been the best game I've come up with!

I have to admit, I'm jealous! I generally participate in every Curves event, but my locations have never done anything that elaborate! Congrats on hosting such a successful event Once a year might be a good practice... so you won't overdo it, but the ladies can look forward to it.
    CurvesForum Moderator

Results

Loss (5.2 lbs)
    Start |-------------------------------------------------------------| Goal

Why is life so tough sometimes?? Nikki69's Avatar
    Our curves did a survivor as well. It was need how they had everything set up. And if you were playing and missed a workout you had to wear a coconut bra and grass skirt for a workout to get back into a game....if you missed another time then you were booted off the island. They had games set up that you could do, and even mystery things to eat. It was neat to see.

Our curves does alot to keep people coming back. We have puzzels, games on the recovery pads. I love my curves

My Curves does survivor as well. It is very motivational.

recovery board

Amazing Race

Could you please give me some insight on how you did the roadblocks, detours, etc...

recovery board

Amazing Race

Hello - I was looking at different posts and saw the one from 'Redflash' about the Amazing Race you had at your Curves!! I'd love to know more. Would you share all the detail so we can (hopefully) make this happen at our club? I am at the Curves Greenhills OH facebook .

thank you
    Kathleen
    Last edited by tracylee; 05-21-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Removed e-mail per FAQ

Thread Information