Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thyroid! Would love to talk to you!

I have Hashimoto's disease which caused me to be hypothyroid. I had never had my thyroid tested, so I am not sure when it happened...
    I just know that in January of this month, I got sick from a cold. At the doctor's office she decided to make an appointment to run a blood test for cholestrol. I didn't realize she also tested my thyroid...I didn't even know what a thyroid was!
    I had been losing weight easily though. I wasn't gaining but I was actually maintaining for a while. That month with my Curves weigh and measure I lost only 5 pounds, not 7 or so the way I had been. The next month only 2. I wasn't that discouraged though because I know I am getting smaller, I will be losing slower as a result.
    But she put me on levothyroxin 50 mg. The only complaint I have is my neck. It hurt ever since I had that cold! I thought it was a result of the sore throat and flu, just a sore neck? Well it never went away...some nights/days it is awful! I wake up with a sore neck or I go to bed with one. IT doesn't happen everyday but enough to annoy me. Well at my last appointment I told my doctor and she upped my meds to 75 mg (which I am thinking is too high?) even though my TSH came back normal. She also scheduled an ultrasound...turns out I have a goiter
    But I am sure you can lose weight once you get on the right dosage! I remember researching it and being upset because it looked depressing and hopeless. But you just have to work for it, it is possible!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but wanted to join the thyroid bunch.

I have auto-immune hyperthyroid Graves Disease and have been on meds for it for nearly 4 years now. They keep wanting to take it out surgically and I keep declining. I do get a lot of racing heart and sweat like a pig from it when I do anything.

Any advice for doing Curves with this? I'm joining this week.

Thread Information