Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: LOTS of changes to Curves 6 week challenge

I've been on the carbo sensitive version for 4 days and lost only 0.44lbs to date. I havn't been limiting my carbs to 20g(old version, which means I discounted free foods). Should I switch to a low calorie diet? I'm afraid it's gonna mess up my metabolism in a bad way though... or should I try the new version since I've had too much fat for the past 4 days? Maybe it's because I havn't had any starch for dinner for the past week... and it slowed down my metabolism?

AAAHhhhhhhhhh... it is confusing me, my own condition!

Hi Berrybunny,

I never did the Curves diet, but my gut instinct is that you should stick with the diet for a couple of weeks to give it a chance. If there are no changes, talk to your Curves fitness tech about what changes, if any, you need to make. After only 4 days, it's hard to make a decision. Your body may lose slowly the first week and then take off the next week!
    I know there are Curves employees here on the forum who may be able to give you a clearer answer. Without knowing more about your background - health issues, exercise level, number of pounds you want to lose - I'd be hesitant to make any drastic changes at this point.

Good luck and keep us posted. We want you to succeed!
    bonjonbart

Quote Originally Posted by bonjonbart View Post
    Hi Berrybunny,

I never did the Curves diet, but my gut instinct is that you should stick with the diet for a couple of weeks to give it a chance. If there are no changes, talk to your Curves fitness tech about what changes, if any, you need to make. After only 4 days, it's hard to make a decision. Your body may lose slowly the first week and then take off the next week!
    I know there are Curves employees here on the forum who may be able to give you a clearer answer. Without knowing more about your background - health issues, exercise level, number of pounds you want to lose - I'd be hesitant to make any drastic changes at this point.

Good luck and keep us posted. We want you to succeed!
    Thanks so much for your advice! I know I should have been vigilant about keeping to the 20g limit. I have 20lbs to lose so I'm kinda stuck in the middle... because the plan says if you have less than 20 than do phase 1 for 1 week and if you have more than 20lbs to lose than phase 1 for 2 weeks. Right now I'm just sticking with one week, I hope I'm right in trusting the new program(more than 1 week won't do your metabolism any good makes some sense...).

Anyway it's day 6 and I've lost 1.6 lbs, not a lot but it counts!

As far as fitness, I havn't had a chance to go in a while but I'm doing my own exercises at home, and usually sweating like hell!!

Thanks again for the reply!

I tried really hard to follow the plan. Now I've lost 0.8lb yesterday and 1 lb today. It's working! WOohoo!! I hope once I start phase 2 though it won't come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by berrybunny View Post
    I tried really hard to follow the plan. Now I've lost 0.8lb yesterday and 1 lb today. It's working! WOohoo!! I hope once I start phase 2 though it won't come back up.
    That's great!! Congratulations. No, the weight shouldn't come back on phase 2.
    bonjonbart

what is this about , the curves 6 week challange. I am in canada and no one said anything about it
    ________
    Video review

Copied from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by MICurves
    I'd suggest reading through the various threads in the The Curves Diet version 2 subforum while you wait for replies. The Six Week Solution is the Curves Program name for this version of the diet.

The most recent updates to the Curves Eating Plan are also in the Dieting and Curves subforum--under version 3. This newest version is centered around a 30 day cycle of the eating plan.
    CurvesForum Moderator

Results

Loss (5.2 lbs)
    Start |-------------------------------------------------------------| Goal

Thread Information